AVL HOME LOOMRegular price Contact us for price
The AVL Home Loom is a classic 8 harness, 10 treadle floor loom originally designed by Jim Ahrens in 1949. Simple and elegant, its unique side-tie up system sets this loom apart from others in its class as there's no need to get under the loom to tie up harnesses.
The Home Loom is a rising shed loom that uses a system of harness springs and spring levers to create a shed. Unlike jack looms with heavy harnesses, the AVL spring lever system uses lightweight harness frames. Therefore treadling is light and easy even with sticky yarns and high tension.
Also, with its folding frame and low profile, the AVL Home Loom won't take up much space in your home or studio.
Available in 24"/ 40"/ 48" weaving widths
- AVL side tie-up harness system with thirty side tie-up cords. No need to crawl under your loom!
- Folding frame: folds up so loom can slight through most doorways.
- Heddles: 100/harness (800 total) (metal or polyester options).
- Standard bottom swing beater with stainless steel reed (your choice of 6, 8, 10, or 12 dent).
- Flyshuttle upgrade available for faster weaving.
- Locking brake system with foot pedal. Releasable from weaving position and no need to get up.
- Kiln-dried hardwood construction with organic mineral oil finish.
- Two aprons with three steel rods with the plain warp beam.
PRICE ON REQUEST